Torque Sensing! The Tongsheng TSDZ2 is a torque sensing mid drive motor.
What does torque sensing mean?
Most motors are equipped with "Cadence sensing" which means the motor will deliver a constant output of power, regardless of how much power you actually need.
Torque sensing on the other hand, will actually measure the force you are applying to the pedals, and the motor provides power proportional to the force you are applying. The result is a very natural feel from the motor, almost as though you just have much stronger legs!
The Tongsheng motor is one of the original Torque Sensing Mid Drives, and recently received an updated design to further its reliability (the "B" in TSDZ2B is the new design). These motors are highly praised from their users and they are also highly efficient and lightweight.
This kit includes
- Mid Drive Motor
- Mounting Hardware
- LCD Display
- Brake Levers with Built in sensors (motor stops when brakes are applied)
- Thumb Throttle for assistance when needed
- Crank Arms (you re-use your old pedals)
- Tool for Tightening down the motor
- Speed Sensor (mounts on spoke to tell LCD the speed)